Ticket #510 (new enhancement)
Font system requires a rework
|Reported by:||prock||Owned by:||FIFE|
|Time remaining:||Time spent:|
Description (last modified by prock) (diff)
The way Font's are handled in FIFE requires a bit of a rework. We need to standardize the font definition and allow users to use fonts throughout FIFE the same way. An interface needs to be designed to allow for an easy conversion from FIFE::Font to gcn::Font. This will also allow us to add support for other GUI systems without being dependent on guichan specifically. This might be an opportunity to begin the decoupling process of FIFE and guichan/pychan.
- Fonts MUST use the VFS to be loaded. Currently they are loaded from the filesystem.
- The font definition file should be loaded from C++ and NOT from python.
- Fonts should be handled like a resource and stored in a pool
TODO regarding fonts from the pychan documentation:
- Handle Image Fonts
- Move Font config files to XML
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Description modified (diff)